Friday, March 13, 2009

"Smart and Wealthy" and the Econ-oh-me

At 6:00 AM this morning CNN had another of the Bernie Madoff "smart and wealthy" victims on the TV crying that they had lost some of their millions of dollars. This particular fiftyish couple (from the North East part of the country) were now having to live out of their RV in Arizona, something they had planned to do after their retirement. Now they campout for real, on a daily basis.

Guess what they wanted out of all the mess? They wanted their money back! hahahahaha Good one. (Day-time dreamers, and some drugs in the 70's probably caused that thought)

Then I got to thinking what caused all of this. It is the "econ-oh-me". Oh-me, oh-my, it's all about me. The econ-oh-me is in such a shambles that I can't keep my millions and sit on my a.. for the rest of my life.

Oh, the econ-oh-me. What a shame that I was such a "smart and wealthy" human, blessed with a spirit to live, and blessed with "squatters rights" on a planet in a universe that is so huge we can't measure it.

To the victims: get over it, get over the econ-oh-me, look at yourself, plant a new reason to live, and stop whining. Believe it or not, it's not about you, oh-me, oh-my.

1 comment:

  1. I once had a dream that I won a million dollars, and when I woke up, I cried. I know exactly what they are going through! :)

    At least they have a space (I can't really say "place") to live!

    ReplyDelete