Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Are you glued to your "Gadget"?

Nice catchy title don't you think? Ramble, ramble, but it does relate to what follows...

USA Today had an article today entitled "Relationships in a twist over Twitter"; "Glued to your gadget? You may be losing human link." (The daily newspaper has been reading this blog, because I noticed that phenomena a few months ago, but I don't have followers in the millions, yet)

The article goes on to quote a lady who is a proclaimed expert on the "over-stressed" and "over-connected". Now, there's a job for you. I am not sure the econ-oh-me is as bad as we are led to believe if there are "Connectivity experts" who can offer advice and get paid for it. But, she goes on to quote Thich Nhat Hanh, a Zen Buddhist master and poet--"The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence." Maybe, maybe not. I've met some people I'd rather not be "present with". But, that is another digital story.

In any case, we have done it to ourselves. If you are "too-connected", then fix it. Turn off the silly pod, and yawn with the rest of us.


PS I'm currently working on my Doctorate in Sarcasm and Cynicism from U-Nameit-U (U in U)

1 comment:

  1. You are getting your doctorate there? I am doing an internship in the Situational Sarcasm department. :)

    ReplyDelete